Woodlawn House Redux

For his weekend home, Tom found a dilapidated structure that had been abandoned since 1930, yet which retained the remarkably solid bones of a classic Federal-era manor house, built in 1797 by Revolutionary War Officer Robert Kelso on land granted to him for his services to the country. Tom purchased the structure, which was being sold for salvage, and began a meticulous, nearly two-year process of disassembling it, moving the usable parts, and rebuilding it 150 miles away on his property in Flint Hill, VA.